What many clients are surprised to hear is that we are responsible for our own behaviour and feelings, and that we can make choices about them. We can choose how to act even when frustrating feelings seem overpowering or irresistible. We can even choose how angry, frustrated, or sad we feel. Yes, we have choices about how we feel and how we act. And if you don’t know how, you can learn!
During the month of June we will be talking a lot about anger and skills to help anyone deal with feelings of frustration and rage without loosing it. You can learn
- to understand your anger and how it affects you
- what things push your buttons
- how your family may play a role in your response to anger
- how your body responds to anger
- how to defuse your anger
- how to change the way you think about stressful situations
You will also learn that anger can be a positive force, and that you can learn good communication skills and be able to change. Once you fully understand your anger, you will be prepared to deal with your feelings in any stressful situation and never loose your temper.